In an offine environment, it's often our family or friends we turn to for product recommendations... but when your sister, brother, mother, father, best friend, or anyone else you know isn't into marketing on the Internet like you, then what do you do?
It's easy to assume that everyone you know in the real world will be the first to give you their opinion on which kind of computer to buy, but what if you want to know which software to use ON that computer to boost traffic to your website? Or increase your visitors? Or find better Pay Per Click keywords? I'm not sure about your friends and family but if they're anything like mine, they aren't Marketing gurus and will be of little help.
When you need advice and have to resort to asking a virtual stranger, there are a couple options you can try. Unfortunately none of them are very effective when it comes to the topic of Internet Marketing:
1) Ask for help in an online forum:
You can drop into an online forum and post a question ask for product recommendations on search engine optimization, PPC Keyword or Referral Marketing and within minutes you'll be hit with bunch of responses. But is that information useful? If you don't know any of the people trying to help you out then how do you know who's opinion to trust?
Some responses will be recommendations from people for their own products and while there isn't anything wrong with saying "hey, I've got a product on that topic", because you don't personally know these people it's easy to be skeptical about the true intentions.
When asked how they get product recommendations, a total of 75.81% (1583 actual people) told me "I don't ask for product recommendations in a forum because I think people recommend whatever product pays them the highest commission".
So if asking for a marketing resource recommendation in a forum is too risky and 3 out of 4 people think it is, what other options do you have?
2) Run a Google search on the topic and wade through the results:
Let's run a search on Google and try to solve the problem that way. We're looking for "Search Engine Optimization" information ebooks and courses.
Results: 15,700,000 for Search Engine Optimization
For some type of searches using Google is great but when it comes to keywords like Search Engine Optimization or PPC Keyword Tools, the results are simply overpowering so it's not the best option for that type of search.
When asked "What is the #1 barrier to your success", 10.4% of the respondants told me they "don't have enough time to read everything they need" and 18.2% told me that they have "so much information, I don't know where to start" so wading through 15 million web search results isn't likely going to top anyone's list as a viable way to find the software and courses they need on Internet Marketing.
3) Buy a bunch of products on the topic you're interested, read them all of them and try every technique you've read about until something works.
Another option is just to try everything and see what works. Unfortunately this "non targeted" system requires a lot of money, a lot of time to read everything and a lot of patience to test every approach until "something sticks".
But do you really have that money, time or patience? 10% of my survey takers told me just last week that they don't have the technical skills to do what they really want, the remaining 90% had problems with starting a lot of things and rarely finishing, not having time to do the things they really want to try, not having the money they need to get started, not knowing what to do first, procrastinating and getting nothing done and getting easily discouraged or frustrated!
If you're looking for quick and easy access to the tools and information you need to promote your product or service business via SEO Positioning, Pay Per Click Keyword Tools, Referrals Marketing and Viral Marketing tools so you can get started, grow your business and take it to the next level without having to rely on product recommendations in forums from people you don't know or trust or sift through 15 million Google search results then click here to check out my Gold Milcer Private Membership Site "Marketing Resource" section.
Get more information here: http://www.milcers.com/info.html
CEO - Higher Response Marketing, Inc.